Cultural and spiritual round trip Nepal
20 days 2018
Feb. 17 / March 8
This tour is special tour to explore whole Nepal in relaxing way. This 21 days Mindfulness–Based program is designed for bringing compassionate awareness to the body. Participants practice mindfulness meditation and yoga as well as to experience nature, culture and wildlife of beautiful Nepal.
Why to join us?
Determined to promote Sustainable Eco Tourism in Nepal and Chitwan, Sapana Holiday Tours and Travels offers your excellent holiday in Nepal including the wonder of Kathmandu, the beautiful city of Pokhara, peaceful environment of Lumbini and adventurous as well as relaxing moments in Chitwan National park. Though it is a private business, certain part of income will be used for various social projects of Sapana Village Social Impact (SVSI) like Sapana School, Sapana Women Design project and the project in Chepang villages of Siddi. The stunning location of Sapana Village Lodge provides the marvelous vacation in Chitwan throughout to staying. Be part of our trip and support our projects through your holiday plan.
Some of our projects:
Womens skills project
Tharu homestay Project
Day 1 (Feb-17)
Day 2 (Feb-18)
- Airport Pick-up in a private transport, your guide will welcome you at the airport.
- Drive to your hotel , a beautiful relaxed hotel just outside Thamel. Your guide briefs you the sight-seeing plan for next day. Explore Kathmandu valley and Thamel the rest of the day . Your guide provides you a city map.
Cultural part of the trip
- After breakfast, you will be taken for sight-seeing (in a private transportation with English speaking guide and driver for ancient historical and religious places around Kathmandu Pashupatinthand Bouddhanath(you can take your time here and have a nice lunch) (famous UNESCO world heritage listed places).
Day 4 (Feb-20)
- More sightseeing in Kathmandu valley: Swyambhunath and Patan Durbar Square. Overnight in luxury hotel in Kathmandu
Spiritual part of the trip / Mindfulness meditation and yoga program in Sapana Village lodge
(breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in Sapana village lodge during this program)
Day 5: (Feb-21)
Transfer to Sapana village lodge. About 6 hours drive with stop for lunch (included).
- The first evening in SVL: Information about mindfulness program and Sapana village lodge. After briefing, we will provide you a program schedule.
Day 6 and 7(Feb-22-23)
- Every morning before breakfast: mindfulness program will start with Pooja Ceremony by Barsha Puri. Experience yourself how the Nepali people start their days with this ceremony. Learn about the Hinduist culture.
- After breakfast, education about mindfulness and practicing guided meditations and Mindful movements with Joke van der Zwaan (see her personal story at http://sapanalodge.com/joke-van-der-zwaan/ ).
- End of the mornings before lunch: the mornings will end with ½ hour Nepali yoga teaching with Nepali music and dance with Dhruba Giri and a finishing meditation with Joke
Day 8 (Feb 24)
- Morning, program like before.
- Afternoon: excursion to Devgath, a religious village, one of the holiest places of the Hindu mythology.
Day 9 – 10 (Feb 25-26)
The afternoons in SVL:
- After lunch, it is optional book an excursion (not included). Sapana Village Lodge can arrange them all for you See: http://sapanalodge.com/excursions-nepal/ ) Only on day 8 the afternoon excursion is included in the package).
Dinners in SVL:
- You can choose between a big range of western or Nepali meals.
Evenings in SVL:– In the evening feel free to do whatever you like. If there is enough interest, we will finish the days together with a guided meditation (optional) Don’t forget to make an appointment with the reception fora wonderful Ayurvedic massage. Half an hour is included in your package.
Day 11 (Feb-27)(*or see from day 11 to day 20 the alternative option below)
- Drive to Lumbini, the birth place of Buddha, the wonderful and peaceful environment in the western part of Nepal driving through East-West highway. Visit of beautiful monasteries. Overnight in neat and clean hotel in Lumbini.
Cultural part of the trip
Day 12 (Feb-28)
- After breakfast drive to Pokhara: about 06 hour including few stops. So we will stop in Tansen for exploring and lunch (included)
Pokhara (827 meters/ 2,713 feet above sea level. The distance is about 205 kilometers driving on Prithvi Highway. (Private transfer with English speaking driver.) After briefing about Pokhara, you arefree to explore local area with the help of a map. Overnight in bneat and clean hotel:
Day 13 (March 1)
Early morning drive to Sarangkot hill (1600 meters from sea level) for sunrise and Himalayan view on Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Annapurna. Visit to Bindabashini temple on the way back. You will experience full sight-seeing around Pokhara in a private car after Lunch. Stay overnight in Pokhara.
- Free relaxing time in Pokhara to do whatever you like.
Day 15 (March 3)
- Drive to Nagarkot and visit Changu Narayan Temple. You can view the highest mountain peaks of Nepal here.
Nagarkot is a former Village Development Committee located 32 km east of Kathmandu, Elevation: 2,175 m. District: Bhaktapur District You spend the night in Nagarkot in Comfortable and clean hotel:
Day16 (March 4)
- Drive or walk from Nagargot to Dhulikhel(5 hours and 30 min by walking, 1 hour 15 min by jeep )
Dhulikhel is one of the most popular tourist destination in Kathmandu that offer wonderful views of great Himalayas which is located in East part of Kathmandu valley at 1550 m above see level. There are numerous temples in the town depicting traditional and old Newari craftsmanship including interesting narrow cobbled streets and lanes embedded with number of Hindu Shrines and a few Buddhist Stupa. More than twenty Himalayan peaks including Mt. Annapurna (8091 m), Mt. Ganesh Himal (7429 m), Mt. Langtang (7234 m), Mt. Phuribichyachu (6637 m), Mt. Gaurishanker (7134 m), Mt. Lhotse (8516 m) and many others can be seen from Dhulikhel.
Day 17(March 5)
- Drive or walk to Namo Buddha(overnight at Namo Buddha )(12.3km )
Day 18(March 6)
- Drive or walk to Panauti . (10.2 km) than back to hotel in Kathmandu, where you will have free and relaxing time overnight at Kathmandu )
- Free for shopping or relaxing in Kathmandu or take a taxi to Bhaktapur (The city with ancient arts and crafts, historic temples and beautiful set up.) (overnight at Kathmandu )
Day 20(March 8)
- Transfer to Kathmandu airport.
*Alternative option from day 11 to 20 (incl: 3 day trekking in Chepang hills):
- Day 11, 12 and 13: you can go for a trekking in Chepang hills, organized by Sapana village lodge.
The specialty of this trek is to show you the culture, lifestyle and daily activities of Chepang people. This trek also helps to increase the economic status of Chepang people. Not only culture and lifestyle, beautiful scenarios also can be witnessed in this trek. At the top, (This is an easytrek, Even people over 60 years of age can take part.) you can see how these people live. There are no showers, you wash outside and no toilets etc.
- Day 14 relaxing day in SVL
- Day 15 drive to Lumbini and sightseeing at Lumbini (see day 11 program above)
- Day 16 drive to Pokhara and free time(see day 12)
- Day 17 sightseeing Pokhara (Sarangot etc, see day 13 above)
- Day 18 Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 19 Free time in Kathmandu (tip: take a taxi to Bakhtapur or go shopping)
- Day 20 Transfer to Kathmandu airport
“Note:Price for the alternative option will be same.”